Wednesday 23 December 2009

An Early Christmas Present from Edinburgh

Yesterday morning I was looking at photos of beautiful snowy Edinburgh and feeling very jealous that I was going to have to spend christmas in the sunshine. Poor me! Nairobi decided to teach me a lesson, and so the heavens opened.....


This is the wee courtyard outside my flat, to the left you can just see my front door, and as you can see from the photo at the top, the water was ankle deep and rising quickly.





A friend of mine told me it was the heaviest rain for 2 years! These two photos are from the supermarket along the street from my flat, which is where I was when the rain started. It wasn't getting any lighter so I decided I would just run home rather than wait for it to stop. It took me no more than 2 minutes to get home but I was totally soaked through and the final run up the lane to my building was completely flooded. Ahhhh, it felt like home!

1 comment:

  1. oooh your poor topshop flats! and poor you waterlogged for Christmas! Love you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete